a new Surface Pro/Surface Pro 5

It appears that Microsoft is getting ready to announce an upgrade to the Surface Pro 4. Based on the reports, it will be an incremental upgrade, with a bump in the processor and system specs.

No USB-C, but I think that’s a good thing. USB-C is still too new, and Apple didn’t do itself any favors by releasing a laptop with only USB-C ports.

I have a Surface Pro 4 and I really like it. I finished writing my FROSTBORN fantasy series on a Surface Pro 4.

8 thoughts on “a new Surface Pro/Surface Pro 5

• May 25, 2017 at 12:22 am

My next computer might be a surface. Right now I have an outdated HP X2 and gets the job done, but here in the near future I will be looking into the Surface Pro or something similiar!

• May 25, 2017 at 12:32 am

I finished FROSTBORN and wrote most of GHOST IN THE RING on a Surface Pro 4, so it definitely has my recommendation.

• May 31, 2017 at 10:45 pm

You’re lucky you have Surface Pro 4. It’s a really amazing laptop. I think the new Surface Pro (5) is a great upgrade. It’s much sleeker and more powerful in battery life. But I hope it’s gonna deliver the 13.5 hour battery life as it’s promised. People will game on this machine all day.

• June 1, 2017 at 12:49 pm

It’s a really excellent machine! I’m not sure how good it is for gaming, though. Games inevitably max out the processor and eat up the battery quite quickly.

• June 1, 2017 at 2:06 pm

That is interesting. “The cloud” has been the big thing for the last decade, but I wonder if the “home cloud” is coming next.

• June 1, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Sounds like it is. Just need to ensure we can trust companies to not perform Cataloging and monitor our information just like the Amazon Echo. I want my information kept personal.

• June 1, 2017 at 11:24 am

Well from what I hear Lenovo, HP, and ASUS are going to create these incredible mobile laptops with the ARM qualcomm added. I am guessing the battery life is going to be ridiculously long!

Comments are closed.